Friday 4 October 2013

Rogue Double Chocolate Stout

Today's offering is a substation as I could not get any of the stouts listed in the book so this one will have to do
 







 
 
 
 
Appearance:

Black with the darkest head I have seen which is long and stays

Aroma:

Chocolate chocolate with a small hint malt

Taste:

Bitter hit of high quality chocolate, followed by a little aciditiy of the carbonation and then a touch of roast malt comes through and then a hint of warmth from the alcohol. The finish is long dry and bitter chocolate.


Overall:

This beer does what it says on the tin and despite my thinking it would be sweet it is not, may be a touch of carbonated but a quality product. This said I would buy it again, it is very expensive and still leaves me wanting a beer..........

7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment