Tuesday 9 July 2013

Bathams Best Bitter

Today's is another substitution as I can't get their Mild in bottles however this in my opinion is the best bitter available and it is another black country beer


 



 
 
Appearance:

Almost lager colour being very light gold with a good white lasting head

Aroma:

A smell of vinous fruit backed with light roast malt and hops

Taste:

Starts sweet but briefly as the bitter hops come through but a lovely citrus flavour lurks in the background which means the bitterness is not over powering. The finish is dry and bitter with nice malt overtones mixed with hops and it is very moreish.

Overall:

I love this beer it flavours are schizophrenic being light and intense and very easy drinking bitter that I wish I could get more often. If your in the black country or west midlands find this and enjoy.
 
9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment